Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall, Fall, and More Fall

We have been having such beautiful weather and the leaves are starting to change even more.  My friends and I are planning to do a little excursion into the mountains soon to see all the beautiful color.  I am still in the mood for Fall cards.  I have also fallen in love with the Funky Fold Card technique that I used for my last card.  I was so excited because I won my first challenge with it.


Well, I decided to play with it some more using the Fall theme.  I used my borrowed set of stamps from Our Daily Bread (bet my friend is wondering where her stamp set went) to create a beautiful Fall scene with sunflowers.  I used chalks to color them. 



The fence is a MS border punch.  Behind the sunflowers is a scalloped oval that I lightly sanded to bring out the lined pattern in it. 







The leaves were cut out with a Spellbinder die and run through the Big Shot to emboss. 

Then I used the die as a stencil, added versamark, and then sprinkled different colored embossing powders on top to creat the beautiful coloring.  I had so much fun with these.  The message on top is also from Our Daily Bread, stamped onto a Cuttlebug Die.

I entered this card in the ODBDSLC33 Anything goes but with ODBD Stamps Challenge.

I also entered it in Our Daily Bread Designs Stamping In Time: On Assignment Challenge (SNTODBD20) using embossing powders.  I used 4 different embossing powders to "paint" the leaves on this card.

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C59 also had the theme of Fall so I thought they might enjoy this card.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was wondering where my stamp set was (LOL)..but at least you're putting it to good use! Nice cards! Hope you win!!
Kim

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW,E. Marie, what a amazing idea to put that sunflower stamp from Harvest Blessings behind this fence....looks great! Your entire card look awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time again to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Marie!! I just love the design with the fence and your awesome details! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge this week!

Chrissy D said...

Ohh this is sooo pretty! Love all of the details! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC!! Have a blessed week!

Kelley said...

Such an awesome card! I love the scene you have created!!! Thanks for playing with ODBD!

Betty Wright said...

Marie, this is wonderful! Fabulous detailing and dimension! Beautiful embossed detailing, too! Lovely work! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is a stunner. Congratulations on being the winner on the ODBD blog. I'm so glad they gave me a link to come and see your beauty.

Mary Marsh said...

congrats on winning the stampin in time challenge-now you can get your own stamp set-your card is really pretty-lots of great detail