Thursday, April 14, 2011

You Make Me Smile

In my last post I admitted a silly mistake I made by using a stamp from the wrong company.  I promised I would still post it.  Such a fun card.


The image is from My Favorite Things.  Such an adorable little fellow.  I stamped him in black on cream.  I colored him with Tombow markers and sponged deep yellow around the edges.  This is layered on a pink and then a deep yellow cardstock.  I scored the top of the yellow layer to allow the image to lift up like a flap.  The base card is pink with a yellow layer on top of it and then a layer of decorative cardstock from Basic Grey.  The sentiment came with the set and was stamped in deep pink on light pink cardstock, sponged with deep pink and also orange ink, and layered on a green scalloped rectangle.  I placed this where the image flap tucks just under the top edges to keep it in place.

When you lift the flap up you see another sentiment from a different company.  This is stamped and treated just like the other sentiment but layered on a green label cut out with a die.  Underneath it is a strip of yellow ribbon with a diamond design.


Then I used some new ribbon to make two little bows.  The ribbon is very sparkly and kind of wavy.  The card also opens like a normal card but I inserted a light pink layer topped with a strip of the Basic Grey cardstock where you can write your own special message.

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Totally Papercrafts challenge #61 - Sketch











The Pixie Cottage Challenge #65 – For a Special Lady
DDCC #108 – Fancy Folds
DYSU #15 – Scallops
Basic Grey Challenge #41 – More Than One Fold

8 comments:

Sadilla said...

lovely card, and very nice image!! the mice is very cute!!! =)
thanks for playing at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
hugs
Sadia

Denise said...

Lovely card and sweet image. Love the way the front lifts to reveal another message. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

WencheP said...

Fabulous colors and I like the image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Unknown said...

It's a darling image

kitten DYSU team

MIE(Mieko) said...

Your used the colors so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenges. Mieko xx

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So sweet! Great job with the fancy folds too! Thank You so much for joining us at Dutch Dare this week.

Katie said...

Super card!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

artish said...

love the flap! the mouse portion GLOWS! thank you for sharing at the pixie cottage.