Saturday, April 16, 2011

Girls and Swirls


Today was the third Saturday of the month and a group of us meet at a local scrapbook store to play all day.  Some scrapbook and some stamp but we all have a great time.  The weather was a bit iffy with tornado warnings out but later in the morning it seemed to be clearing up so some of us decide to brave it and head over.  It was a small turn out, and I was late because I was trying to help my daughter get off to the beach with a friend.  My friend, Cheryl, came down from Charlotte, NC and waited patiently for me.  It was so great to see her.  She is the one that won the scrapbooking weekend and it is schedule for next month.  It will be so great.

I really did not get a lot done today but it was still a lot of fun.  One of the challenges I wanted to enter this week had the theme “Girls and Swirls”.  I found the perfect paper at the scrapbook store so I had to make it.  The image is a stamp I bought when I was first starting to make cards and that was a long time ago.  I can’t remember the last time I used it.  When I was thinking about something really girlie, I remembered these adorable Precious Moment stamps I had and this little girl was just perfect.  I love the sweet faces on these images.


I stamped her with black ink on white cardstock and colored her with colored pencils.  Then I cut her out with an oval Nestability and layered it on a pink scalloped oval.  I attached it with foam tape so it was popped up on top of the great swirly cardstock I bought.  It has such lovely colored stripes and then these dainty, different sized swirly designs embossed on top of it.  Lots of shimmer and sparkle, too.  This was sponged with some ink around the edges and layered on a white card base.  I ran some sheer white ribbon underneath the image and tied a bow on the side.  I also added some cute little pink and polkadot flowers, layered on the top left, and some flower and butterfly jewels to add to the bling.  Perfect card for any child.

**I almost forgot to leave a tip for the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge.  My friends and I have been having a big debate on how to store all of our Spellbinder dies.  After trying 3 different things, I went to Walgreens and bought a CD/DVD Wallet (carrying case) that has a handle on it.  I bought some sheets of magnet and cut them to just fit inside the sleeves.  I have put most of my favorite dies on the magnet and arranged them by shape.  When I need one I just flip through (eventually I will add colored labels) and slide the magnet out just far enough to remove what I want.  So easy to put back and also to take with.  At our get together yesterday I think it was a winner.
 
                       
This card is entered in the following challenges:

12 comments:

Sprytebyrd said...

This is just an adorable card! Perfect combo of Girls and Swirls!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Leonie said...

So pretty! Love these Precious Moments images. too cute!! Thanks so much for joining in with at Girls and swirls this week at Stamptacular Sunday
Hugs Leonie

Danni said...

This is just so darling!! Simply adorable!!

Wishcraft said...

Pretty card, love all the shimmer. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's :o) Lisa x

Stamper Gyrl said...

This little girl is so precious!
Thank you for joining fussy and fancy friday!
Tracy

sammi said...

So cute. Love the image. Thanks for playing along with us at Ooh La La.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such an adorable image and I love your paper! Thank you for playing along with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge last week - why not check out our challenge for this week too and come and join us again. Hugs, Lesley

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful challenges.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenges.
luv
Debby

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at CRAFTYCATZ, x carol

jaine drake said...

So pretty. Thanks for joining creative inspirations.

Debbie said...

This is so so cute. Love your idea for the nesties, thanks for sharing and thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Hope to see you again next week.

Hugs
Debb