Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Music, My Life

The challenge for Sparkle N Sprinkle is to create a card for a remarkable woman in your life.  With Mother’s Day just around the corner, most people would immediately think of their mom.  That was my first thought, too.  Then I had another idea.  My mom is definitely a remarkable woman and has remained so positive through so many hard times, but I have already made her card.  As I thought of others in my life that are remarkable I thought about my oldest daughter.  She is at college working on a viola performance major.  This weekend she was asked to perform with the Jackson Orchestra in Nashville, TN.  She has been performing since third grade and music and playing her viola is the love of her life.  I had this awesome stamp from Sparkle N Sprinkle that made a perfect card that so reminds me of her.  Even though the instrument is not a viola, the message is the same.  The stamp is also a bit unique in its style and my daughter definitely has her own style.

The card base is white with a gold layer and then a layer of some lovely aqua design paper with golden swirls and musical notes.  I cut a window through all three layers using a die.  I sponged some darker aqua ink and then some gold ink around the edges of the window.  I stamped the top half of the sentiment in aqua on white and layered it on gold, cut out with a die.  This is added with foam tape to pop it up a bit.

Inside the card I added a layer of lighter aqua paper.  For the image I stamped it in a darker aqua ink on white cardstock and cut it out with the same die as the window.  I lined this up with the window and adhered it to the inside of the card.  Then I stamped the bottom half of the sentiment in dark aqua in the bottom left corner.

I wanted to use some cute musical note buttons for embellishment but even after having recently cleaned in my stamp room, I still couldn’t find them.  I even have a drawer for all my buttons but for some odd reason they just were not in there.  That every happen to you?  Like all card makers, I improvised.  I did find my musical note punch and used it on my gold cardstock.  I added a few of these golden notes to the card front and inside.

Both the image and the sentiment are from an older set from the Gail M Burton collection at Sparkle N Sprinkle.  All the stamps in this collection are really unique.  Sparkle N Sprinkle also has come out with a new music theme set called Music Labels.  I can’t wait to get this set.

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Sparkle N Sprinkle Challenge – Remarkable Woman












Whoopsie Daisy Challenge – Free and Easy
Sweet Stamps Challenge #10 - For the Ladies

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great card and your daughter will love it. Great take on the challenge and with the stamp....love the colors and the background paper too.

Anonymous said...

What a nice card. LOve the colors! Thanks for playing along on Sweet Stamps blog.

Saron said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colour!! Thanks for joining Art Impression challenge#12!!

-Soili-Maria-