Sunday, November 21, 2010

Poinsettia with Pink

Last year I moved in mid October so I was totally unprepared for Christmas and sadly had to send out Christmas cards that I bought in a store.  Christmas is the one time of the year that I always definitely send my friends and family cards that I have made.  I had this idea last year so decided to pursue it this year.  I wanted to do something a bit different than standard Christmas colors, yet very elegant.  The following card was really what I wanted to create.


 Once again I can't quite gt the color to show quite right.  This card is made with a beautiful rose color.  I embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder and sanded it to bring out the white core.  The saying is mounted onto a decorative label from Spellbinders, with pearls added on the ends.  The poinsettia is also a Spellbinder die with pearls in the center.  I love how this came out.

This is entered in the following challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC93) - "Just Do It" (Get those Christmas cards done)
Totally Gorjust Challenge 57 - not quite so traditional colors
Our Daily Bread Designs Blog ODBDSLC37 - any holiday card
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Christmas with no red or green

2 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How pretty! The pink with the flourishes and the 3d poinsettia is beautiful. Gorgeous Holiday card! Thanks for joining ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Tigriswillreign said...

Thanks for inspiring! I have this Cuttlebug folder but have yet to use it!