Monday, November 22, 2010

Old Timer Pie

The holidays always make me think of traditions.  A few years ago my family put together a cookbook with all our favorite recipes in honor of my parents' 60th Wedding Anniversary.  There were so many recipes from my childhood.  One of these was my mom's Old Timer Pie which was perfect for my pie recipe swap.

It was made with purple plums so I new that was what I wanted to hi-lite on my page.  My problem was I did not have a plum stamp.  I really wanted the plum to be on the background, too, so I decided to get creative.  I downloaded a dingbat font for fruit, then opened the plum in Make The Cut.  I had to make a few adjustments  because the original did not have the stem connected to the top of the plum.  Then I cut my own stamp using the Cricut Stamping Kit.  This way I was able to stamp it with Versamark ink onto the dark purple background, layered onto a lighter purple base.

Now I needed the actual plum so I used the same cut I used for the stamp to cut out plums from the dark purple carstock.  Then to bring out the detail, I overstamped the cut out plum with my stamp and the Versamark ink.  I mounted it next to the recipe, making it appear to be attached to a leafy branch that I also cut out with my Cricut.

I have entered this in the following challenge:

1 comment:

kramer_buffy said...

wow, this is amazing! I love that you made your own stamp and that you over stamped your cut image, very cool!

thanks for playing with us at Cooking w/ Cricut Challenge!

-- dalis
CWC DT