Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Masculine


I wanted to make a more masculine card.  This card could be used for almost any occasion for a man.  I stamped an image from InkaDinkaDo onto a Spellbinder label in dark green.  I used the die as a stencil and sponged green around the edges, creating the affect of a white border.  This was layered onto a dark green label.  This was then layered onto a lighter green cardstock that I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and rubbed dark green ink over it, bringing out the design of branches.  This was layered on more dark green and then on a white base.

To add to the outdoor feeling, I cut/embossed a pinecone from another Spellbinder die in brown.  I smeared metallic rub-on over the top.  I had a silver leaf charm but wanted a more Fall look, so I used gold and red metallic rub-on over it.  I topped this with a raffia bow.

This card was entered in the following challenge:
Simon Says Challenge - Prince Charming/Any card or creation for a Male and add a charm
AiFactory Challenge - use diecut or punch
Cute Card Thursday #138 - Anything goes

2 comments:

April said...

Very nice male card. They are hard to make sometimes. I love the pine cones.

Tigriswillreign said...

Another gorgeous card! I'm going to have to subscribe to your posts!
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Vacation!