Monday, May 27, 2019

Summer Dreams



During this hot Memorial Day weekend I thought I would share this summer silhouette card.  I have been laid up with knee surgery so my friend, April Williams, came over and she shared some fun techniques using alcohol inks. 



We spent the afternoon making different backgrounds.  I used one of these backgrounds for today’s card.



The Pelican on Piling Silhouette from Just For Fun was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on the front.  JFF's Summer Dreams sentiment from The Seasons Word Block was stamped at the top with Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink.



A little twine was added, along with dark blue and Graphic 45 Designer cardstock layers on black.

Hope you are enjoying a long weekend of friends, family, and fun.

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Your card is so fitting for the Memorial Day just loved the image hope your knee gets better soon for you it’s hard having to rest after surgery take care xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Looks like you had fun with April and your background! Love the one you picked for this gorgeous silhouette stamp - you know how partial I am to those! The touch of twine is just perfect!