Monday, May 8, 2017

Simple Mother's Day





Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day.  I am not a scrapbooker, yet, so I spent the day with my friends making cards.  I thought I would share two different versions of my Mother’s Day card.



The Just For Fun image, Floral Oval V, is stamped with Abandoned Coral Distress Ink on this simple card.  Spellbinders Oval dies were used to create a frame to layer on top.  This was layered on white cardstock, edged with the same ink. and added to the white card base.



The JFF Happy Mother’s Day sentiment was also stamped with Abandoned Coral ink on a rectangle, edged with the ink.  This was angled on the side of the image.



Since I have a hard time keeping things simple, I decided to create a second version with a few additions.  This time the die cut frame was edged with ink and the top layer was run through a floral embossing folder.  A corner rounder was used on the sentiment and a sheer ribbon bow and pearl were added.  The ribbon for the bow was originally white but the Abandoned Coral Distress Ink was added to it.  This ink is interesting as it gave the actual ribbon a slight orange look but kept the Coral color along the edges.  I felt these few changes added an elegance to the card while still keeping the simplicity.

You can share your Mother’s Day cards by linking them to JFF's May Card Challenge with the theme of A Mother's Love.

E. Marie

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Aww this is one gorgeous card! x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the simplicity of these cards. The embossing and the bow are beautiful additions though!

crafty grandma said...

Lovely card!! Don't have a mom or mother-in-law anymore, but I do know someone who loves receiving and appreciates my cards. A perfect card for an awesome bowling teacher who will be 84 on Mother's day. Thanks for the inspiration.