Monday, April 24, 2017

Acrylic Distress







Today I want to share an easy technique I was shown.  It is called Acrylic Distress and it creates a framing around your image or sentiment.



You start with a piece of cardstock and simply brush white acrylic paint around the edges.  After it dries, you sponge ink along the edge of the paint and wipe off any access.  For my card I used a light blue piece of cardstock.  I happened to have a little pink waterc0lor paint left in my brush so it gave this lovely light pink edge.  Don’t you love when a mistake creates something awesome.  I used brown Distress Ink to sponge around the paint and it looked great with the light pink paint.



The new Relaxing in the Sand image from Just For Fun was stamped with brown Memento Ink in the center.  This was layered on blue and brown.



The sentiment is JFF's new The Voice of the Sea.  This was stamped on another piece of light blue cs and layered on brown.  I sponged the brown Distress Ink on some white sheer ribbon for my bow.

I think you will enjoy this technique because it is very easy and not real messy.  Try it with different light colored cardstock and different colored inks.  I love how it looks.

E. Marie

2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great technique! Love this look. You stamped on white cardstock, which was edged with white acrylic paint? Then the brown ink was sponged in the inside of the paint with the pink around the outside edge?

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wonderful technique! I will be pinning this!