Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's Challenge






Happy New Year!  Hard to believe it is already 2018.  With a new year come lots of resolutions and wishes.  At the Just For Fun blog we also have a new challenge. 
For January we have a color challenge  - Blue, Purple, Silver.



This inspiration card uses a background layer created with an embossing folder and various ink colors.  I have had this in my stash for a while, thinking I would use it for a birthday card, but it caught my eye and I kept thinking about the count down for New Year’s.  It was trimmed down and layered on dark blue and purple cardstock edged with Silver Blue Embossing Powder.



Just for Fun’s Skyline Silhouette and the May all your wishes... sentiment were both heat embossed with Silver Blue Embossing Powder on dark blue cardstock.  I used my new Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to make sure I had a fully stamped image for the silhouette before embossing, and to help me place the sentiment.  This was added to the card front.

Since I had kind of a rough December, my wish for this coming year is to be healthier.  What is your New Year’s resolution or wish?

E. Marie

1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love the use of the numbers embossing folder for a New Year card and the city skyline is awesome too! Great job Marie! Happy New Year!