Thursday, June 1, 2017

Just For Fun June Challenge





June has arrived and school ends this week.  I am looking forward to more crafty time this summer, but I will miss my sweet class.  With the start of a new month comes a new challenge on the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Blog.  This month the theme is "For The Guys".



When you are married to a Buick lover, you automatically think cars for a man card.  I used Just For Fun’s '57 Chevy image, stamped with Gray Flannel Memento Ink.  It was colored with Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky Distress Ink and a watercolor brush.  This was fussy cut, additional ink ran around the outer edge, and layered on an embossed piece of white cardstock.



I wanted a textured background with a metallic look behind my car image.  I ran white cardstock through an embossing folder and on the main background piece I sponged London Fog, Gray Flannel, and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  Then I added some white ink across the raised area and a little more black.  The edges were sponged with Stormy Sky ink and this was layered on black and the white card base.



The sentiment, Father’s Day from JFF, was stamped with Stormy Sky ink.  The edges of the cs was sponged with London Fog ink and it was layered and added to the card front.  Large blue jewels were added to bring out more blue.

Since you are already working on those Father’s Day cards, why not join the JFF Challenge.  You can find the details on the blog here.

E. Marie

4 comments:

Sandra H said...

So fitting Marie is your card l love it xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great masculine card Marie. Love the metallic look of the embossing folder.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wonderful card for a man. The image is fun and I like the lighter colors you used here. The background is great too!

April said...

What a neat card for a male, Marie. As you know my dad had a 56 Chevy, so I really like this stamp even though it is a 57. Great job!