Monday, May 2, 2016

Mother





The May monthly challenge at Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Blog started yesterday with the theme of “Let’s Hear It For The Girls!”  What is more girly than a Mother’s Day card.  I am sharing what I chose for my mother. 

x







I created the background by coloring the Gathering Pollen floral image from JFF with Tombow Markers and stamping it several times.  Then I used a Dove Blender to spread some of the color.  This didn’t blur the stamped image but gave the flower and bee soft color.


















Just for Fun Stamps has this wonderful sentiment, Mother, that is perfect.  I colored it with the same Tombow marker so it would match the background I created.  I didn’t have cardstock that was quite the right color for the layer so I just ran my marker along the edge of a piece of white cardstock.  My photo couldn’t quite catch the actual color, which was a little more peachy orange. This was layered on brown cut with Spellbinders' Long Rectangle Die.   

I know my mom will love this.  It is not too late to remember your mom with a homemade card.
 

E. Marie

2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the sentiment and how you did the coloring. Such a soft and delicate look to this Marie!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

The coloring is dreamy! Beautiful.