Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Scrapy Land Challenge #24 - Pockets/Tags (create a pocket or include a tag)






It is time for a new challenge at the Scrapy Land Blog.  Challenge #24 is Pockets/Tags – Create a pocket or include a tag (using any brand of die Scrapy Land sells).  While shopping for a birthday celebration I found a gift bag with a little pocket on the front and this inspired my project for today.




I started with a yellow polka-dot gift bag and added a square pocket to the front with a window die cut with Spellbinders’ Decorative Labels One.  Spellbinders’ D-Lites Medallion 4 was cut from pink and white and tucked under the pocket and Blooms One from yellow to create the flowers.



Spellbinders’A2 Divine Eloquence die was used to create the pink tag by cutting out the top half and then trimming the sides to create the length of tag wanted.   Spellbinders’ CrissCross die was cut from white and layered on top of the tag and a piece of honeycomb was placed at the top to give the appearance of a cupcake since that was the party theme.  



The sentiment was stamped on a bright pink square and added to the tag, along with a yellow bow using a Crisp Bows die from Memory Box.



Here is the completed bag I used for my friend’s birthday gift.  I used decorative napkins in place of tissue paper.  I think she was pleased with the bag and the gift.

E. Marie

7 comments:

Anne Temple said...

What a great gift bag! So very creative.

Lori Kobular said...

This is such a gorgeous gift bag! I love the honeycomb top on your tag, that is so clever! The dies you used go together perfectly and I love the color combination!

April said...

Very lovely, Marie! Great job!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very cute Marie, I know your friend was more than pleased. Such a fun, creative idea!

Donna Ellis said...

Your cleverness reveals itself again in this fun design, Marie! Love those pretty colors, too!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous gift bag this is!! I love the honeycomb...it does look like a cupcake!! Absolutely beautiful project!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia Chalas said...

lovely gift bag!!