Sunday, June 14, 2015

Encouragment for Dad




I have previously mentioned that my parents are going through some health problems due to their age.  At this time my father needs more assistance than my mother can provide so it has become necessary to place him in assisted living.  He is not totally thrilled with this but my sisters have made a great effort to transport mom to and from the facility to spend time with him almost every day.



I plan to visit them soon and wanted to make a card for Dad that would be comforting and remind him that the Lord is in control of what is happening.  I just received the Our Daily Bread Designs’ Fishing Boat and Fishing stamp sets and thought these would be perfect for him.   I stamped the boat image over a background I created using my new Color Bursts and layered it behind a window die.



I inked the sentiment. from the Fishing set, with two different Distress Inks, using a darker blue on the outer edges, and stamped it on a lighter section of the designer paper, then layered this on yellow cardstock.



If you have had a chance to play with the Color Bursts, they are very vivid colors.  I used a wipe to clean up and it had such lovely color on it that I used it to create the border across the card front, along with Spellbinders’ Scalloped Borders One, and also used it for the layer behind the designer paper.

I can’t wait to see my parents and I hope this card will be an encouragement to dad.

E. Marie

I entered this card in the following challenge:
Scrapy Land Challenge #19 – Anything Goes (PLUS using any brand of die Scrapy Land sells)
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge – Cut it out!
TTCRD Challenge – Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #187 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly
Die Cuttin Divas Challenge #219: National Aquarium Month/ Something you'd find in the sea or an Aquarium

7 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card, love the view through the window and the sentiment is perfect with it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #19!

Shona Erlenborn said...

It surely will be an encouragement to your Dad! Such a pretty card and the sentiment is lovely.

Esther said...

Gorgeous card!!! Your Dad will love it!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

brenda said...

A beautiful card for your parents Marie and I am sure it will be much appreciated, it is such a difficult time, I've bee there so totally understand what you are going through.

It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch!! I just love your soft colors and the boat image!! Thanks so much for joining us at ODDB!!

Tina Goodwin said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I am sure it will lift your Dad's spirits. I will say a little prayer for your parents. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs,
Tina
TTCRD DT
Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x