Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Always Believe




Here is another card using stencils with glitter.  Today’s card features the Dreamweaver Large Flourish Stencil.  For the background of the card I used the Glitter Stencil Background Technique, placing the stencil on a Super Adhesive sheet adhered to white cardstock.  I added Shell Pink, Princess Elsa Frozen, and Lacy Lilac glitters, one at a time.  Then I removed the stencil and covered the remaining adhesive with Bridal glitter.  This was layered on purple and aqua cardstock.

I adhered a folded strip of white cardstock to the back of the main piece so it folded to the front and added layers of purple and aqua to the front section.  The floral image is from the Spring Florals set and was colored with alcohol markers and die cut with Spellbinders’ Classic Oval die.  This is layered on a Spellbinders’ Floral Oval and adhered to the strip.  A strip of 1/8" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape is run along the bottom and covered with Shell Pink glitter.  Evening Glow glitter was added to the flower center with a glue pen.

Tucked behind this folded strip is a sentiment from the Nesting Bird set, heat embossed with Morning Glory embossing powder, and die cut with an oval die.
I have really enjoyed creating cards with stencils and my stamps.  I hope you get a chance to try this.
E. Marie

No comments: