Tuesday, February 17, 2015

CAS - Bow or No Bo



CAS (Clean and Simple) cards are very popular, but sometimes so hard to create.  At least for me.  I decided to share one using the new Iris Garden stamp set.


 
The first step is to create the embossed background.  I used the Frames Using Embossing Folders and Dies technique with a Swiss Dot Embossing Folder and Spellbinders’ Big Scalloped Ovals LG.  I cut my template smaller than the card size which gave a nice border around the edges that did not emboss.



The single Iris image was stamped in the center of the oval frame and colored with Copic Markers.  A glue pen was used to add Lemonade glitter to the center and Starfire glitter to the petals and leaves.

One of the reasons CAS cards are so hard is that you have to hold yourself back from adding too much.  For me that is very hard because I am always thinking of one more thing I could add.  I did make this two layers of white on white.  Then I had a big debate if I should just have the image or to add a bow.



Here is the same card with a bow added.  The spouse said “no bow”.  My stamping buddy said “definitely a bow”.  Now it is your turn.  Leave a comment sharing your thoughts on this.



E. Marie


I entered this card in the following challenges:
Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge #67 - Anything Goes With A Twist.....Add a Bow
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge – Use Rubber Stamps Only

7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a pretty card without the bow, but I too would be tempted to add it! Love the technique you've used - thanks for sharing Marie!

Sandra H said...

So elegant is your card l love the single Iris and your embossed background xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous CAS card, which I also find difficult, great job. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time.
Lorraine DT

brenda said...

A beautiful creation, sheer elegance and style.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Hazel said...

Love the way you added the bow. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 67 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Camille Short said...

Great card - with and without bow.

Eret said...

Marie, your CAS card is beautiful. Love your coloring. I can't tell do I like it more with or without the bow. They are both fabulous.
Thank you for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x