Tuesday, January 6, 2015

MWAH!



If you go shopping, you will note that Christmas is gone and the shelves are stocked for the next holiday – Valentine’s Day.  Just a little reminder that it is time to get started on those Valentine card for all of our loved ones.



I love the sweet couple from the Love and Kisses stamp set. The best part is it works for a lady’s or man’s card.  The card I used it on can be used for either, too.  I used some pinks but added just enough blue that your special man wouldn’t mind receiving this.






I covered the card front with a Super Adhesive Sheet and removed the protective layer.  Using the Memory Box Cherish Border die, I die cut the right side of a piece of sticker paper slightly smaller than the card front and layered this on the card front.  Then I covered all the exposed adhesive with Princess Anna Fuchia glitter.  I removed the protective layer from the die cut layer and added Olaf White glitter.







The image is colored with copic markers and fussy cut.  After adding Princess Anna Fuchia and Princess Elsa Frozen glitter to the hearts on the clothing with a glue pen, I popped up the image on an embossed white rectangle and a fuchsia scalloped rectangle.  I ran my glue pen around the white rectangle and added Princess Elsa Frozen glitter and then wrapping these layers with ribbon and added to the card front.







I just had to use the “MWAH!” sentiment.  After covering a piece of white cardstock with Super Adhesive and Princess Elsa Frozen glitter, I stamped the word with Versamark ink and heat set with Stickum Powder Embossing Powder.  This was covered with Princess Anna Fuchia glitter and heat set again.  I die cut this and popped it up on the right side.



If you love the glitters I used, these come in the Frozen Glitter set.  Great to use for a variation from the usual Valentine’s red and white.


E. Marie

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Love the title of your blog post, Marie, and the amazing sparkly happiness with the heart die all glittered like that. That blue pops out your pink beautifully. It's a wonderful card, Marie! hugs, de (I miss you!)

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous card and I love the non traditional colors.

Sandra H said...

We have Easter eggs on our shelves Marie....Simply gorgeous card as always breathtaking and full of lots of lovely details x

April said...

So bright, glittery and cheery! I love the heart border and the the technique you used! xo