Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lunch Bag Cards



It has been very busy around here and I am ready for Spring Break!!  I recently posted some fun projects on the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog but just didn’t get a chance to share them on my own blog.  I will make up for that today…pull up a chair while I share!!


Right after Valentine’s Day I had a very special weekend at my favorite scrapbook store, Scrapbook Creations.  If you follow my blog you have heard me talk about this great store which also has a Cottage and a Bungalow that you can rent and stay at so you can just play all weekend.  Well, I won a free weekend at the Bungalow and so my best buds and I spent the weekend there. 


Since there was no school that Monday, they threw in an extra day and we had such a great time.

 I didn’t have time to make anything ahead of time but found these cute little glasses and filled them with yummy chocolates for everyone.  We created, shopped, ate, shopped some more, ate some more, played games, shopped a little more (broke), and even slept a little.  We even had a mini snowstorm for a few hours.
 


Now for the projects I mentioned.  I wanted to make the store owner a special thank you and remembered a fun card I made a long time ago from a paper lunch bag.  


You can create great little places to tuck things in and I had the girls each make a tag to tuck in.
 


Since I gave that card away, I decided to create a second version for Sparkle N Sprinkle this last week.  I made a few changes and created my own little tag.  My base is a white bag, folded and cut, and I used one of the floral images from Framed Florals set, colored with alcohol markers, for my card/bag “front”.  I added the Leafy Floral Background to the tucked side panel.
 

 I stamped the inside with another floral image from the Floral - Daisy Rectangle set and Nature's Butterfly.  I used the Kindness Appreciated sentiment on the right, cut out with a Spellbinders’ Label Ten die. 

I used a slightly larger Label Ten die and the Being My Friend sentiment for my tag.  I added a touch of Sunny Daze Glitter and a few cut out dimensional flowers as a finishing touch.





 
With the release of the new Happy Spring set and the Bunnies & Bows set, I was inspired to create an Easter themed bag card.  This time I used the bottom of the bag on the inside of the card.


I added a sparkly strip across the decorative cardstock on the front, using the Glitter Masking technique in SNS’ Tips and Techniques section and Cloud Nine, Luau Green, and Orchid Rose Velvet Glitters.  The sweet bunny is stamped on Sparkling Sands Sparkle N Soft, shaded and colored with alcohol markers, and cut out.


On the inside I used the Bees Buzzing sentiment and flowers from the Spring - Benjamin Bunny stamp set for the left side and created another decorative panel to cover the bag bottom folded and adhered with dimensionals on the right side.

I heat embossed the three little bunnies on velvet glitter, cut them out, and colored them with alcohol markers.  I added them, along with some wrapped chocolate nuggets, to oval tags from Spellbinders‘ Back to Basics Tags.

I used Spellbinders’ 2010 Heirloom Ornaments and orange polka dot cardstock from a Basic Grey "Fiction" 6 x 6 paper pad to create my “carrot” tag.  The greenery at the top of the “carrot” is die cut from sticker paper, using the leafy stems from Cheery Lynn Designs Japanese Garden Lace Oval and Luau Green Velvet Glitter.

You can find more details on these cards on the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog.  I hope you try these as they are really fun to make. 

Hugs,

E. Marie

These cards are entered in the following challenges:

Kindness and Friendship Bag Card
A Blog Named Hero Challenge #22 – Free Style
Clearly Inspired Challenge #71 (CIC71) – Anything Goes
CI Paint Inspired By~ Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 176 - something borrowed

Happy Easter Bag Card
Basic Grey Challenge #90 – Happy Easter (Fiction)
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 73 – Celebrate (Leaves from Garden Lace Oval Die)
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge Week 152 -Bunnies or Easter
Crafts4 Eternity Challenge R#116 - Egg-cellent Easter
Oldie But a Goodie Challenge – Easter (Spellbinder Dies over 6 mo. old)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #208 -Fuzzy Friends!
Crafty Calendar March Challenge - Easter Egg-stravaganza!
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – lots of Layers

20 comments:

Anne Temple said...

WOW this is amazing with so many fun details. How clever to use the ornament die as a carrot! It looks fabulous, as does the rest of your project!

Winnie and Patty said...

Great project with all the cards and tags! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge.

April said...

I had so much fun that weekend! It is always a treat to stay there and play! Your creations are wonderful, Marie! I love the bunny card and all the cute elements! What a treat!

Pat said...

Cute project. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Brenda said...

Spectacular project!!! Glad you had fun at your little retreat. We girls need that from time to time :) The Easter Bunny bag is my favorite - too danged cute!

Sue McRae said...

What a clever way to use a lunch bag! Thanks for sharing the process with us and thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

Rene said...

These are all fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp and Create for our monthly challenge! I hope to see you back in April for a new challenge!
Rene ;D

Unknown said...

I LOVE THOSE CHOCOLATE BUNNIES!!!

Céline said...

gorgeous cards and design
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday
hugs
céline

Chris said...

Wow, some fabulous creations here! Sounds as if you had a great time with your crafting buddies! Thanks for joining the challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Suze Bain said...

What lovely projects, I love the removable tag in your friendship card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Kat said...

Great projects Marie. Love them. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your friends. Thanks for joining us at TG this week with your kindness and friendship bag card.

Kat x

michele said...

Fabulous projects! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! All of this and chocolate, too? Fabulous projects, Marie, and wonderfully glitterific! Looks like you enjoyed a marvelous time, and then made some awesome goodies to share with the rest of us, too! I always enjoy the photos from your outings -- and your beautiful artwork! hugs, de

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are just beautiful. Thanks for joining us in the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

xxxtglxxx said...

What a lovely collection of cards! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Viv said...

Great projects! Thanks for joining us at CCM this challenge!

Joann said...

Very pretty card and I love the way you used the leafy stems from the Cheery Lynn Designs Japanese Garden Lace Oval as a topper. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Jo Rice said...

Great projects, Thank you for joining in over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge blog. Have a Happy Easter. Jo. X

Jodi said...

What fun projects! love the flourish as the carrot top! Thank you for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!