Friday, April 6, 2012

Indescribable Gift

Spring Break is flying by and I am really enjoying my time off, but had a bit of a headache the last few days so I have not done everything I have wanted to.  I have spent some time cleaning in my room a bit more and as I put things away I get ideas of things I want to try and this time I ended up making a card. 

The challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs Blog is to use your favorite stamp set.  Well, picking a favorite set was just too hard so I just combined a few of my favorite sets.  I did try to stay with a lacy, floral, butterfly theme!!  That’s my favorite!!

I started by stamping one of my newest backgrounds, Crocheted Background, in tan on some design paper with small flowers on it.  A few of these show through.  I stamped the scripture from a Christmas set called His Gift, because I thought it worked just as well for a spring/Easter theme.  God’s loving sacrifice for our salvation is definitely an indescribable gift.  I added faux stitching and layered this on a dark brown card base.

The lacy floral circle is from the Serve The Lord set and was stamped in dark brown on brown cardstock.  I bleached out the flowers, stems and lacy border and then I colored them with colored pencils.  I loved how they popped.  I cut it out using ODBD’s coordinating CrochetedCircle Die and sponged the edges with dark brown.  This is surrounded by Basic Grey Opaline flowers and swirls.

The beautiful corner is one of my absolute favorite sets and one of the first one’s I got from ODBD’s, Butterfly Corner.  I stamped this in dark brown on some left over Basic Grey called Cupcake/Make A Wish.  I used my colored pencils on the flowers and butterfly, then cut out a second butterfly and popped it on top.  All of this is layered on light blue and dark brown with one side punched with a Martha Stewart border punch (another favorite).  I sanded the edges and added some faux stitching and popped it up in the corner.

I really enjoyed trying all these different techniques on this card and I hope you enjoy seeing it.

E. Marie

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light ODBDSLC102 - Favorite ODBD Stamp Set
Basic Grey Challenge #65 – Easter
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge 22 – Shabby Chic/Vintage
CI Paints Challenge – Inspired By Easter
Paper Sundaes Challenge #114 – Happy Easter 
Simon Says Stamps Challenge – Favorite Tool (MS Punch)
Clearly Inspired Challenge #48 (CIC48) – Scripture
Flutter By Wednesday #196 – Open (along with your butterfly, fairy or angel)
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge #140 – Easter and/or Pastel Colors
Stamp and Create April Monthly Challenge – Spring

7 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!! Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's crafts!

C said...

Beautiful card, Marie. I love all the happy color.

Donna Ellis said...

lovely card, Marie, with gorgeous embellishments, colors and layers!

Sandra H said...

Hi Marie, so beautiful is your card as always your creations are stunning:)x

Joy said...

Beautiful card, love your butterfly so pretty and the border punch that you chose is perfect... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Kianel said...

Another stunning card! Love the colors you used!
Thanks for joining our Creative Inspirations paints challenge this week!
lots of love from France, Kianel.

Jacqui P said...

Beautiful card and just perfect for easter! thankyou for joining the fun over at basicgrey challenge this time
hugs
Jacqui P x