Sunday, March 25, 2012

Let's Make Some Flowers


Thursday, during a recent blog hop, I promised I would post how I made the flowers on my card.  They are so easy and fun. 


These flowers from my card are made with water color paper.  They are stamped with Peony 2 and Blossom 2, from Sparkle N Sprinkle and cut out with the coordinating Spellbinders Die, Blossom 3.



 

These flowers were made from just inked or painted cardstock and cut out with Spellbinders’ Rose Creations Die. On the pink flower, I added Starfire Glitter and Burgundy Glitz Glitter with SNS Brushable Glue. 

The yellow flowers on my card were made with baby wipes.  You can create whatever colors you want, but you can also just save the ones you use from cleaning your stamps.  Fellow SNS Designer, April Williams, has a whole collection of these and has created some amazing flowers.  I guess I am a bit rough on my wipes because they are usually too worn to be able to use them.  However, they are very easy to make using ink.  I like to stamp with my stamp pads directly on my craft sheet, spritz lightly and use my wipes to clean it up.  This adds some great color.

Here are some additional samples using wipes cut out with Spellbinders’ Blossom 3 and Sizzix Tattered Florals die.


 

Ok, I know you can hardly wait to have directions so you can run to your craft room and start to play, so first run over to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog where I share all the details.

Have fun!!

E. Marie

4 comments:

Julie Z said...

These are all lovely Marie! I particularly love the baby wipes flowers - they come out so soft & beautiful! Great posies!

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning Marie l love them all:) x

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing your technique, Marie! The flowers are gorgeous!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous tutorial, Marie! It is not featured in the T&T section of SNS, too!