Monday, August 8, 2011

ODBDSLC71 - Love Is The Thread That Binds

What a week!  I started feeling ill and ended up in bed.  Then just as I thought I was doing better I actually became sicker.  Guess I should have gone to the doctor sooner.  Oh, well, I am feeling much better now and finally felt like I could get creative.  I even ventured out of the house yesterday to “play” with two of my friends.  It was nice to get out of the house.


Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge theme this week is Notions/Seamstress and so I was very excited when my friend, Kim, showed me a new Cricut cartridge she had recently purchased that had this great sewing themed background.  I used it to create the green background and layered it on top of a pastel striped paper from Daisy D.  I added this to 6” square yellow and blue cardstock punched with a MS corner/border punch.

The sentiment is from ODBD Sewn With Love set.  I stamped it in dark green on a label, created with another MS corner/border punch and sponged with blue ink on the edges.  I added yellow stitching to the label and added it to the card with foam tape to pop it up.  I used the spool cutout from the background and popped this up, too, after wrapping it with the same yellow thread.  I tucked the needle in the spool after stitching the label.

For embellishments I added some lace and tape measure ribbon and several yellow buttons.

E. Marie
 

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Week 67 - Anything but a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card
Catch the Bug Challenge – Anything Goes
Crafts and Me Challenge 46 - Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy Wednesday~CHALLENGE 14 ... ANYTHING GOES IN AUGUST
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge #106 – Something Old/Something New (Old-Daisy D paper/New-Sentiment Stamp)
One Stop Craft Challenge #142 – Sentimental
Aifactory Challenges #089 - Anything Goes
Bling It On Challenge #6 - ABC (Abstracta Yellow/August New Release Stamp, Buttons/Bow, Cricut Cut)

18 comments:

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card thanks so much for joining our August Anything Goes at Catch the Bug!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card.Great details and sweet sentiment.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

Becky G said...

Great card! So pretty and full of details!

Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge at Catch The Bug!

:) Becky

Lori said...

Great card Marie. I love that tape measure ribbon! Great job combining all of those challenges. Thanks for making Catch the Bug one of them. Good luck in the prize drawing.
Lori

Lori said...

Fun card - love the ribbon! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

Sandra H said...

So pretty:) Sandra H

April said...

Your card turned out great! Love it!

Hugs, April

Unknown said...

Fabulous work hun!
Thank you for playing with us at Delightful Challenges this week for our stitching challenge,
Good luck
hugs
Zahreen
xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Marie!This is simply amazing!I love your use of the ODBd stamps!awesome!Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge.
Chris

Stephanie said...

Glad you are feeling better, love your card! Thanks for playing at Catch the Bug this week.

Janeen said...

that is the cutest ribbon ever. Thanks for playing along in the challenge with speedy the cat.

Winnie and Patty said...

What a great card! And a great take on this week's challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is so dear to my heart as I love to sew. Love the images, your colors, and layout. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to come see your work. Hope you can play with us again next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Silke Ledlow said...

Super creative and beautiful Marie! So glad you are feeling better :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Petra said...

Stunning card and clever sentiment. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory this month :)

sioux said...

Great card I love that tape measure ribbon, thanks for joining us at Bling it On and good luck
Sue x

Shelley said...

Simply gorgeous, love the sentiment. Thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Shell said...

What a gorjuss card and i love the sentiment, thanks for joining us at Bling It On this month.
Shell xx