Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Your Berry Special

Monday was my birthday and I turned “29” again.  It was a great day and I truly felt loved.  I woke up late because I had stayed up very late the night before, playing in my stamp room.  After getting a hot cup of coffee, I checked my e-mails and found messages from all my wonderful friends.  Throughout the day I received text messages from several family members, even my sister that was in the middle of moving out of her home because it is destined to flood later this week due to flood gates being opened in Iowa.  I also received several cards in the mail, and then one of my great friends, Bev, took me out for lunch.  She is one of my only friends that loves Thai food so that is what we ate.  We did some shopping, finished with ice cream, and I headed home to celebrate with my husband.  It was his birthday, too, and we had planned to go out, but neither of us was really hungry.  Instead we had more ice cream later in the evening and went out to eat tonight.  When I first started dating my husband and he told me his birthday was the same as mine I made him show me his driver’s license to prove it.  I thought he was just giving me a line but he was telling the truth.  One more fact before we get to the card.  My husband and I have the same birthday four years apart.  Both of our girls were born on Dec. 30th four years apart on my mother-in-law’s birthday.  My husband’s grandmother also had 2 grandchildren born on her birthday.  Do think it is hereditary?


Ok, now what you have waited for.  With all the summer challenges lately and then Simon Says Stamps Challenge wanting fruit, I could not resist using another adorable House Mouse stamp.  It was just perfect for these themes.  I started working on this on Saturday.  One of my other great friends had taken me for a birthday lunch that day, since she had jury duty on Monday, and then we went to her house to play a little.  I showed her what I was working on and she quickly pulled out a stamp with the perfect sentiment.  Thank you, April!!

I stamped the image in black, colored it with Tombows, and cut it out with a Spellbinder Label die.  I used dimensionals to pop it to a slightly larger maroon label.  This is layered onto two different pink decorative papers with a white card base.  I used some light pink cardstock and punched two strips with a border punch for the top and right side of the card.  I cut out an extra strawberry and popped it up on the image and then I stamped the sentiment in black on the bottom left side.

To give this card a little bling I used a glue pen and some very sparkly red glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle to add the little seeds to the strawberries and also on the two border strips.  I added three pink flower brads to the bottom right side.  To help them stand out a bit more I sponged a little Stazon ink around the edges and then added a deep pink jewel to the center of each.  Too bad our strawberries are out of season already or I would be tempted to go pick some.

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamps Challenge – Let’s Get Fruity/Photo Inspiration














The Shabby Tea Room Challenge Week #66 – Pink Lemonade”/Pink,
  Green, Neutrals, and Flowers








Totally Stampalicious – Anything Goes
Whoopsie Daisy Challenge – Free and Easy

16 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Marie another stunning HM creation..
this cute guy looks very contented with his full belly of strawberrys..gorgeous colouring beautiful creation love it...

thanks for sharing with usat HM & Friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine xx

April said...

Your card turned out great! Love it!

Hugs, April

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card love the colouring .........:) Sandra H

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet (no pun intended) and your berries look great. Thanks for playing in House Mouse and Friends Blog Challenge. Stacy aka Twinshappy

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Super cute card - and the little sprinkling of bling is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining our 'summer' challenge at Totally Papercrafts.
Caroline xxx

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card Marie, these little meeces do like to stuff their faces don't they!! Sorry to hear about your sister and the flooding, the weather has been so crazy this year the world over.

Hugs
Brenda HM&F GDT

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Wow this is so adorable! Love the colouring! Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

Sheri said...

Those strawberries look good enough to eat! Thanks for sharing with us at WhoopsiDaisy ;-)

Heather said...

A fabulous card Marie, gorgeous colouring of the cute image and what fantastic papers and glittering!!
So glad you joined us at both House Mouse & Friends and the Simon Says Stamp challenges,
love
Heather xx

Donna Ellis said...

I always enjoy seeing what you do with the house mousies! Always fun and colorful!

Lori Turner said...

Marie, happy belated Birthday! Your card is super cute :) Thanks for entering in our Anything Goes challenge at Totally Stampalicious!

Sue from Oregon said...

Marie, you certainly have a family full of shared special days, don't you? So many it is just fun! Thanks for sharing your sparkly HM creation with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue K

Trees said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week!

Sue said...

Love this stamp, your card is so cute. Looks like the little guy had his fill of berries! Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sue

America said...

FUN sparkle, fabby card and use of gems. Great take on our Jewels Challenge. Thanks for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again next time! :)

Shirley said...

Too precious for words! So pretty too of course!