Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend At The Cottage!


What a wonderful weekend!!  Back in January I shared about my friend inviting me to a weekend she had won at a local scrapbook store.  They have this cottage (converted duplex) that you get to stay at for two nights and get to scrap/stamp all weekend until midnight on Fri. and Sat. and then until 4pm on Sunday.  So fun!!!  Well, my friend, Cheryl, won a weekend at a convention in spring so we did it again!!!  Do you see all the !!!!!!  That pretty much describes my weekend.  My only negative was that it started out with me being a bit sick, but I think I have recovered.  I just didn’t wear myself out quite as much (no all not parties).

There were about 14 people at the store on Friday afternoon and 10 of us stayed over in the cottage.  The store had invited Stacy from Stacy Stamps to teach some classes so several of us decided to go ahead and take one.  She has some beautiful stamps and we made five different cards.  Check back tomorrow to see what we worked on.  The store has a great little restaurant on one end of the store where we ate lunches, drank awesome Barnie’s coffee, and devoured delicious ice cream creations (chocolate ice cream with raspberries and almonds in a sugar cone is my favorite, though I did let them add a little Kahlua flavoring this time).  We went out to eat for supper in the evenings and even made a quick excursion to Michael’s one night.  I had to behave because I had already made a few Stacy Stamp purchases, plus Scrapbook Creations had a special sale on Saturday night with 30% off almost everything in the store (there were almost a few wrestling matches over some single items but most friendships survived).  I did buy one pack of K&Co. cardstock that was just too irresistible (50% off A.C. Moore coupon that really needed to be used) and a clearanced thick foam flower corkboard.  We were making flowers and needed these thick foam pads to work on and we were able to cut this into three pieces to share.
Several of us decided to do “shoebox” projects and I wanted to use a card I had been planning for quite a while.  I did a simplified version for my shoebox, since you are supposed to be able to make everyone’s cards in a few hours, not just one.  Below are pictures of the various cards we made.





Cheryl's Card



April's Card



Renee's Card


My Card (You can see my “glitzier” version of this card in my next post.)




The weekend went so fast.  We had a great time and it was hard to go back to our real lives.  The best part is that each of us spent enough money to get 2 – 4 more chances each in a drawing for another weekend.  Below are some pictures of us having lots of fun (thank you Renee for sending these) and here’s hoping it will happen again.  I am so lucky to have so many great friends and times like this to be together.

 




2 comments:

Lia said...

I love your work.

Would you be interested on a DT spot for my blog? I am just starting a challenge blog for my digi stamps. If yes, see the rules Lia Stampz

Cheers,
Lia

April said...

We had a great time and what a great group of friends! Hope we can do it again!