Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sparkle Butterfly

It was suppose to get colder today (which it did) so I was digging out a few of my sweaters and came across one that was actually more Springish (is that a word?) with butterflies on it.  It made me think how Winter is on the way and how I wish Spring was coming instead (I hate being cold).  When I sat down to work on some more Christmas cards, I pulled out my glitter and then remembered a technique I had been shown at one of the conventions.  As I was looking at different images to use, the butterfly just popped out at me (my subconcious?). 


So much for Christmas cards.  The butterfly is stamped and then using Art Quest glue, I added glitter.  I added one color, flipped it off, then added another.  I cut it out and, using popdots, adhered it to a piece of black cardstock with a butterfly image stamped all over in gold.  This is layered on a piece of doublestick paper.  I added glitter to the sticky border around the black cardstock.  This is than layered on another piece of black that I punched with my new Martha Stewart border punch, then aqua on a black card base.  I sure wish that woman would quit making more of those punches - I think I am obsessed and going broke.  Martha have mercy!!

This was entered in the following challenge:
Top Tip Tuesday: Top Tip #11 - Paper Piecing & 'Layer upon Layer' Challenge

2 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card marie :-) The butterfly is beautiful and i love the colours and fab border punch !!
I KNOW what you mean !! I would love to collect all of her punches too :-)

thanks doe joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

April said...

Very lovely card! I know the card is very pretty up close and personal with all the glitter! Yep, those punches get us every time! I love this one!