Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hot Fun In The Summer

Today has been a wonderful day.  I actually woke up early (very unusual for me); packed up all my play things; picked up my friend, April; and head up to the mountains to visit our friend, Bonnie.  She has a wonderful studio where we can spread out and have fun.  We had all recently ordered some of the so very popular seam binding.  We only bought white but used reinkers to color it.  We had so much fun and could hardly stop.  It came out so beautiful and I can’t wait to use it.  Needless to say, we need to order more.  I will post pictures soon.


While we were there, I did take some time to finish this card.  I do not have a lot of paper from Basic Grey, though I love them.  I have had this one pack, that I really love, for a long time and decided to use some of the cardstock for this card.  Their theme for this week is a color theme – hot pink, lime green, and brown/craft.  I started with a craft card base and added a layer of the pink cardstock with the edges rubbed with dark brown ink.  On top of this is a brown layer and then the brown, pink, and green polka dot cardstock.  I sponged the edges with lime green to bring it out a bit more.

For the image I used E2306 Sweet Lemonade from Impression Obsession.  I stamped and embossed it in dark brown and colored it with my Tombow markers.  Then I cut it out with a Spellbinder label die and sponged the edges with lime green ink.  This is popped up with foam tape onto a dark brown Spellbinder label.  I added two pink rectangles (sorry they kind of look red), layered on dark brown, to the top left and bottom right corners.  Before adding them I ran them through an embossing folder and sanded the embossed image to create the lemon slice borders.  I also used a Martha Stewart border punch that I just bought, to create the strip of butterflies.  I sponged the edges with lime ink and placed it diagonally through the center of the card.  I layered the image in the center, on top of all of this.

I added the sentiment, which was embossed in brown and cut out with a die, then sponged with lime green ink and a little dark brown ink.  I added some sparkle glitter to the image and the butterflies.  For some reason the picture makes it look very white, almost like sugar, but it really doesn’t look that way – it really just sparkles.  Then I added three dark pink buttons on the top left side.

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Basic Grey Challenge #46 – Hot Pink, Lime Green, and Brown/Kraft
Delightful Challenges – Anything Goes
Impression Obsession Challenge – “Hot Fun in The Summer”
The Shabby Tea Room Challenge Week #67 – Classic Patterns (Using Colors from Inspirational Photo and Polka Dots and/or Gingham)












The Stamp Challenges – Something with Pretty Papers
Charisma Cardz Challenge #24 – Pink and Green
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #72 – Food and/or Drink
The Pixie Cottage Challenge #74 – Sketch and/or Grab a Glass of Lemonade












Sentimental Sundays Challenge #59 - “Summery or Sparkly” (plus a sentiment)
Totally Papercrafts Challenge #71 – Die Cuts and Punches
Totally Stampalicious Challenge - Use Something Old, Something New! (Old – Papers/New – Punch)
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge #20 – Buttons and/or Bows

22 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Mmmm, this looks delicious! Love your take on the sketch challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pixie Cottage, hope to see you again next week! Hugs, Karen

P.S. I've candy on my blog, hope you will come by and check it out!

Shirley said...

So, E., this is just lovely! It's a real work of art! I love everything you did with the image and all of the embellishments, embossing, punched edges, and DP too! I want to thank you much for playing and wish you good luck in the drawing too. BTW I have a list I have started on my personal blog for challenges that do not require a specific stamp. I will be back here to look at all of these you have listed!!

Bron said...

Your card is stunning. I love the paper and the image is just amazing. Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week hugs from bron :D

Sadilla said...

very nice and romantic card dear!
thanks for joining us at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
hugs
sadia

Adrina said...

Thank you for making such a lovely card with my sketch and for joining our challenge this week at The Pixie Cottage.
Adrina XX

Heather said...

What a fabulous 'fruity' card Marie, love your use of the colours with all those wonderful details. Your image look so appetizing and so beautifully done.

Thanks so much for joining us at Basic Grey this week.
hugs
Heather xx

Carol Hurlock said...

Are you talking about Bonnie (Love, Light, Peace)...oh boy, what a treat it would be to go to her studio to play. Your card is amazing. So detailed and beautiful. Thank you so much for playing with Speedy's Friends. It was a pleasure to visit and see your work. Hope you can play again with us next week.

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

WOW, Love this. Super Super pretty. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Gem said...

a fab creation, thanks for joining in our Pink and Green theme challenge at Charisma this week! Gemma :)

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colours & the texture :)
Thanks for sharing it with Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Sandra H said...

Wow.............beautiful.....:) Sandra H

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

What an interesting sketch! Love the vintage feel to your card. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

Winnie and Patty said...

This is such a pretty card!!! I love all the details. Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautifully done....thanks for playing the OLD/NEW challenge with Totally Stampalicious

Marlene said...

Lovely Card! Love the heart-shaped lemon wedges! Thanks for playing with us at Sentimental Sundays!

Marlene
DT Member

Shannon White said...

This is sooo Wonderful! Love all the colors and embossing! just looks Deliciously Summery! 8-)

Hugs
Shannnon

Janne said...

Nice card. Thanks for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays♥
♥♥Janne♥♥

Pattie said...

Wow - I really like this image and the colors and patterns are just lovely! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hello again, Marie! Loving the dimension on this summery card, with the embossed fruit. That tall drink looks good enough to have right now! Thanks again for playing with Speedy's Friends.

Linda said...

Marie, I love the colors and the textures in this card. Great Card!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your cocktail themed card with all the perfect design elements. Thank you for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! Hugs, Lesley