I love these new stamp sets. I think this is one of my favorite things I received recently. There is just something about them that really appeals to me. The sets are Butterfly Corner and Happy Birthday from Our Daily Bread. I have a third set that I won so check back to see cards with this set, too. Ok, let's get to some details on this card. This was one of those that I had several things I wanted to do on this card and ended up doing something else. I will save those ideas for a card in the future - I think I am staying up too late because I have a hard time focusing on what I am suppose to.
I stamped the Butterfly Corner in red distress ink on cream cardstock and cut it out with an oval nestie. After running a little ink around the edge, I layered it onto deep red cardstock cut out with another Nestie. I enjoyed making the next layer. It is decorative paper that I ran through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and ran the same red distress ink over the top. I actually ran the paper through decorative side down so the main design actually is the part that is not inked - hope that makes sense. This is all layered onto a deeper peachy pink cardstock that I picked up on clearance at a great store called XPedx. I try to run by there at least once a month to check out their clearance. I have found some really good deals on cardstock and envelopes there. Probably should drop by there again since they usually do some inventory reduction around now (see what I mean about not focusing). Back to the card - I stamped the butterfly in the red distress ink onto the left over decorative paper and cut it out. It really added to the card using more of this paper.
The "Happy Birthday" was stamped in the red onto the same peachy pink cardstock, layered onto cream, and then layered onto the deep red cut out with a Nellie Snellen die. A lot of times I have a hard time finding the right die in the right size for my sentiments. I only have tons of dies and punches, but still don't have what I want. Sound familiar? With a little practice I have been able to do some cutting adjustments that can make certain dies work for what I need. This rectangular die was the right length for my sentiment but not the right width. I calculated where the middle of the right width would be, cut my cardstock and folded it in half and placed the fold at that point in the die. I run the die through my Big Shot, back and forth several times to make sure it cuts through both layers. When I remove it and open it up it is cut to the right size. Ok, I am not sure that makes sense without seeing it. I will try to do pics and show you in the near future. I added some rose colored round brads to the sentiment and paper flowers to the two corners. I used some new pearls I bought in the center of each flower, giving it a bit of a glamorous bling. Oh, I left out a part. My sketch showed a strip right down the center. I wove some very thin cream ribbon for this but realized that you would not see it very well, so I settled for a strip punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I am sorry that it is kind of buried because it is really pretty and looks a lot like lace. I will use it again so you get to see it better.
This card was entered in the following challenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs Stamping In Time: On Assignment Challenge (SNTODBD26) - All Creatures Great and Small
AiFactory Challenge #064 - Anything Goes
Catch The Bug Challenge - Embossing
The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog - Birthday
The Creative Cottage Challenge #30 - Something New (New stamps and new pearls)
Creative Craft World Challenge - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #147 - Monochromatic
Flourishes - The colors of love
Flourishes Bring Back the Beautiful - The Beauty of Vintage
Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge #137 - Sketch
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #37 - Embossing
Ooh-La-La Creations Challenge #71 - Bling It On