Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One More Fall

I wanted to use some digital stamps from my friend, Bonnie at Pretties by Bonnie.  She has some great Fall ones so, of course, I decided to stay with my current theme.  I promise I will move on to something else soon.

I printed the digital pumpkin on cream cardstock and colored with Tombow markers.  I tore out the image and inked the edges with Distress Ink.  I layered this on some green decorative paper that I embossed with a leaf background and used the direct to paper technique using a green Adirondack ink pad.  Then I scrunched up the paper, spread it out, and rubbed on some dark brown Adirondack ink. 

This was layered onto a brown cardstock that was embossed with a Fall Cuttlebug embossing folder and then sanded to bring out the yellow core color.  This was layered on green cardstock, then layered onto a rust base.

I added two bling Fall leaves that I picked up on clearance at Michael's, along with a few jewels on the pumpkin's vine. I finished this off with a homemade "prima" rose that I inked up with various distress inks in Fall colors.

Thank you, Bonnie, for the great digital image that inspired this card.

Challenges I am entering:
The Cuttlebug Spot - Fall Theme
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC90 - Anything goes but buttons and bows.

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Remarkable card, Marie! Your color choices, and fabulous detail to backgrounds make your card very artistic!

Valerie said...

Great card! I just love the tearing with distressed ink.

Donna said...

Very pretty. I love the bling. Thanks for joining us at TCS.

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic! Wonderful colors and textures! Great card with the no buttons and bows challenge! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC!