Monday, January 23, 2017

Hi!



The weather where I live cannot make up its mind.  First we had a snow storm, a week later it was like summer, and now it is just cold with thunderstorms.  I am still feeling like winter so I made a cute snowman card to share.



I started by creating the background.  After tearing a piece of paper, I used it to mask the bottom and sponged on blue Weathered Wood Distress Ink on the top.  Then I used the vein stamps from two different Oak Leaf 2-Sided stamps from Just For Fun to make trees (E2689 and F3021).



The JFF Snowman image was stamped on the card front and then a second time on white cardstock.  This second image was colored with Tombow Markers and fussy cut.  Since the little arm branches are hard to cut out, I simply cut them off and colored the ones on the image on the card front.  The fussy cut image was layered on top and the arms lined up great.



The sentiment was die cut from the same snowflake background paper, using a Spellbinders’ Sentiment die.  The edges were inked and it was layered slightly offset on the same die cut from blue cardstock.  A little shading was added with a light grey Tombow marker and some little spiral sequins from Hero Arts were added to the background.

Here’s to better weather (though I do like being inside and being creative).

E. Marie

1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun little card Marie! Love your leafy vein trees! Very creative!