Monday, May 30, 2016

A Guiding Light



Happy Memorial Day! I am so grateful to all those who have sacrificed so much for us.   



It was a lovely day today and I know many spent time with their families.  One of my favorite things to do on Memorial weekends as a child was to go fishing with my father.  The new Just Go Fishing stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle really touched my heart and brought back memories of those times with my dad.  Today I am sharing a card created with this set.

The background of this card was created with an embossing folder and three embossing powders.  After running a piece of white cardstock through an embossing folder, I light sponged the raised area with blue Memento Ink.  Then I sponged over this with Versamark Ink and sprinkled on some Poolside EP.  After heat setting this, I sponged on more Versamark Ink and sprinkled on some Mediterranean Star EP and heat set.  I repeated this process one more time with Americana EP.  This was layered on a piece of cardstock edged with Versamark Ink and Americana EP, then added to the white card base.

x


I used the digital version of this stamp set, printing the image and sentiment in black on white cardstock.  I edged the sentiment with some blue Memento Ink, then added some Versamark and heat set with Poolside EP.  This was layered on another square of white cardstock edged with Americana EP.
x
x

The image was cut out using a Spellbinder circle die and sponged with distress inks.  Then the edge of the circle was heat set with Poolside EP and this was layered on a slightly larger white circle edged with Americana EP.

Thanks for stopping by and remember to check back for the upcoming Sparkle N Sprinkle June Reveal Blog Hop.

E. Marie

No comments: