Monday, April 25, 2016

A Bird With A Song





My card today combines Want 2 Scrap chipboard and a sentiment from the Sparkle N Sprinkle's Birdsong Stamp Set.  I have always thought chipboard was more for scrapbooking layouts, but really love what it adds to a card.



I created a template using a Spellbinders’ Circle Nestability Die.  This was layered on the cardfront and the circular area was covered with Versamark Ink and then heat set with Candlelight Embossing Powder.  The Small Bird Flourish chipboard was also covered with Versamark Ink, then Poolside Embossing Powder, and heat set.  It was adhered over the embossed circle.


The sentiment was heat embossed with Candlelight EP and then Versamark Ink was added to the outer edges of the card front and more Candlelight EP added and heat set.  The second layer is also heat embossed along the edges but this time I covered more area and used Poolside EP.  Because this embossing powder is semi-translucent, it appears lighter on white cardstock than on the chipboard.

I did case this from a similar style card I saw on line. I thought I pinned it so I could give credit but now I can't find it anywhere.  If you think it was you, please let me know so I can recognize your work.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week.

E. Marie

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Awww so pretty x

Donna Ellis said...

Very sparkly, Marie! hugs, de