Sunday, July 5, 2015

You Are Not Forgotten






I had planned to post this yesterday for the 4th of July, but it just didn’t work out.  Not really a big deal since this was actually made for my dad.  I had the opportunity to visit with him recently and I know he is having a real hard time adjusting to being in a care facility instead of home with mom.  He has always had a very strong faith but, with all the changes, his dementia has caused him to have more fear of death (more about leaving my mom) and being forgotten.  I thought I would have my sister put this on an easel next to his bed to remind him that the Lord is with him and he will not be forgotten.



The background behind the sentiment is created with Color Bursts.  I had created a different background and when I moved it over to let dry, there was all this nice color on my mat.  I grabbed another piece of white cardstock and picked up the color.  I added just a little more and it came out like this.  Then I stamped Our Daily Bread DesignsOld Flag Background top of it.  Then I distressed the edges and added it to the different layers.  The blue layer with stars was created by inking my embossing folder and running white cardstock through.  Both sentiments are from ODBD’s Not Forgotten stamp set.

I added a few stitch marks with a white pen and added a few jewel swirls that reminded me of fireworks.

Have a great week!

E. Marie

I entered this card in the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge – We’re Going Dotty
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge – Name That Tune (Star Spangled Banner)
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #141 - Sentiment
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge R#233 – Red, White, and Blue
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Challenge:  4th of July project or Red, White and Blue
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #187 - Anythying Goes/Family Friendly
Crafty Catz Challenge #286 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #251 - It's In The Stars
Crafty Creations Challenge #292 - Red, White, and Blue
Paper Sweeties Inspiration #33 – Red, White & Blue
Sister Act Card Challenge #113 - Anything Goes
Jo’s Scrap Shack Challenge FFC #95 "Anything Goes"

18 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! You Dad will surely love and appreciate it! Thank you for sharing your work with us at Paper Sweeties :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love that background Marie! It came out perfectly! The firework jewels are an awesome touch.

Kathy S said...

WOW - a work of art! I love everything about your entry at The House That Stamps Built for our Red, White & Blue Challenge. I especially love the firework bursts of gems. So glad you entered this challenge. Was a real treat.

Mynn xx said...

Such a GORGEOUS card! LOVE all the amazing texture--especially the faux stitching and the ink 'n' emboss technique! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lin said...

Marie, I'm touched by this card for your Dad - what a lovely thing to do for him. It must be a very scary thing at this time of his life to be away from your Mom. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

April said...

This is such a wonderful card! I love the background. Aren't the Color Bursts fun? I know your dad will love getting it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am sure your Dad is going to love this Marie!! So thoughtful!! I love the patriotic feel and colors paired with the bling. Beautiful background! Thanks for joining us and sharing at ODBD!!
blessings,
Chris

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card and the background is gorgeous. I know your dad will love it!

Donna Ellis said...

So beautiful, Marie!

Heather said...

That background looks fabulous with the flag image stamped over it! A great card and such a beautiful meaning behind it. Thanks for playing with The House that Stamps Built.

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

GORGEOUS and stunning card! I LOVE IT! The layout and background are fantastic too! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Unknown said...

What a great and heartwarming card! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge this week!
Kamila DT

Josephine said...

What a great background! I hope the card gives your dad the comfort you hope for.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card :) Thanks for playing in the challenge at Jo's Funday Friday challenges :)
Tina DT

J said...

What a lovely inspiring card - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

Jackie

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this festive creation in our 'red, white and/or blue' challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges. This is such a nice card, really creative and original. I hope you will visit us again soon!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Cheryl said...

What a nice thing to do for your dad. I know he will enjoy looking at it--it's beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us in our Paper Sweeties Red, White & Blue Inspiration Challenge!