Monday, July 22, 2019

Sweet Birthday Wishes


If you are like me, there is always a need for birthday cards, so I am sharing the latest one I created for a friend. 



The Floral Wreath image from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps was colored with Tombow markers.  The yellow card background was created with a die cut and then layered on Persimmon cardstock.  To create more dimension I chose to die cut a window and layer this over the image.  The same circle die and a slightly larger scalloped circle die were used to create the border around the window.  If you wanted a less labor intensive version, you could simply die cut the image with a circle die and layer on a scalloped die cut and add to the card front.  I also chose to have the bow at the top of the floral wreath.


The JFF sentiment, Sweet Birthday Wishes, was stamped in black on a hand cut banner and layered across the image.  This helped fill the open window without covering up to much of the lovely floral wreath.  I think I will be using versions of this card more often.  

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty and creative as always is your card x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Cute card. Great coloring on the wreath.