Monday, December 10, 2018

Winter Wonderland


I had to work really hard to produce this card this weekend.   I had been sick earlier this week so I decided I would make a lot of cards while playing with my friends at our favorite scrapbook store this weekend.  We showed up late, ate a fantastic lunch, celebrated a birthday, and then the store closed early due to a coming snowstorm.  Didn't leave much time to get creative.  Today with all the ice, snow, and wind our power kept going on and off and it took some real determination to get out of my comfy chair and go to my chilly craft room and get creative.  Sure had fun once I got started. Since a winter storm is very unusual for our area, it seemed the perfect time to share a winter card.



The Pines along Stream Silhouette image from Just For Fun was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and a portion was die cut using Spellbinders’ Label 4 Nestability.  Then a mixture of Stormy Sky and Shaded Lilac Distress Ink and Paris Dusk Memento Ink were sponged around the edges. The Winter Wonderland sentiment from JFF's The Seasons Word Block, along with the bird section of their Lighthouse Silhouette, were stamped with Paris Dusk ink.  A little white “snow” was added to the trees and ground.  I wanted the snow to pop a little more but my poor white gel pen dried up on me and all the stores were closed (not that I could even get out of my neighborhood as the streets are still totally packed with ice/snow).  



The die cut image was layered on a larger white die cut that was embossed with an embossing folder.  This was added to blue layers on a white card base.  It is hard to see there are two different shades of blue used for the layers but these add to the winter chill of the scene.

Have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous winter scene, Marie. Hope you get back to your normal temps. soon!