Monday, July 10, 2017

Happy Anniversary






This month’s challenge theme is “Wedding”.   Just For Fun has many lovely images and sentiments that are perfect for those wedding cards, along with cards for anniversaries.  Today’s card design could be used for either by simply changing the sentiment.  I made this card for my daughter and son-in-law's third anniversary, which they recently celebrated.



I used some black and cream coordinating cardstock to create the card background.  Cracked Pistachio and Broken China Distress Oxide Ink were used to add a pop of color.  I sponged them on the edges of a piece of cream cardstock to create the layer.  I also sponged them on sheer white ribbon to create the coordinating bow.  Then I picked up the spritzed colors from my craft sheet with a piece of cream cardstock.  When this was dry, the JFF Celebration image was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and cut out with Spellbinder’s Label 5o.  I used a small paint brush to add some water to areas inside the glasses and touched these areas with a paper towel to remove some color.  Then I colored over them with a Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.  The “happy anniversary” from JFF's Sentiments 1 Unmounted Sheet was stamped above the glasses.

Have a great week.

E. Marie

2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun anniversary card Marie. Love the touch to the glasses!

Sandra H said...

So beautiful! x