Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!




This last week my parents celebrated their 66th wedding anniversary.  Since I live quite far from them, I could not be with them but took some time to look over some older pictures I had.  Though I do not do a lot of scrapbooking, I really wanted to do something special to celebrate this day and decided to create a layout.

x

x
x




I started with a piece of white cardstock, stamped the Leafy Flourish along two opposite sides with Versamark ink, and added Skylight embossing powder.  After heat setting, I distressed the edges, sponged them with Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, and Spun Sugar Distress Ink, and layered on tan and cream cardstock.
x
x
x
x




I had the photo printed with a brown tint to give it a more aged look.  I layered it on a piece of cream cardstock with Skylight EP added around the edges, using the Distressed Embossing Technique.  This was layered on another piece of tan cardstock and added to the center of the layout.






I stamped and embossed the Leafy Flourish two more times, cut these out, and adhered them on two corners of the picture.  Using Mega Tack glue, I added some handmade flowers.

x



I die cut a doily from sticker paper and covered it with Bridal glitter.  This glitter has a gorgeous, rich, creamy shimmer.  I sponged the edges with just a little Antique Linen distress ink and tucked it under the bottom corner of the picture.  For the sentiment, I stamped the “Forever Yours” from the Floral – Swamp Rose stamp set with Rich Cocoa Memento ink on cream cardstock and die cut.  This was layered on a slightly larger decorative die cut that was covered with Versamark ink and Skylight EP and heat set.

x

x



The “LOVE” was cut out with an electric die cutting machine.  I covered the letters with SNS Brushable glue and added Bridal glitter.  After letting it dry, I sponged the edges with Antique Linen distress ink and popped up at the top with dimensionals.









Thanks for stopping by.  If you are in the Duluth, Georgia area this Friday and Saturday, make sure you come see us at the Scrapbook Expo Convention.  Margaret, our Glitter Queen, will be demoing all the wonderful techniques using the Sparkle N Sprinkle glitters, embossing powders, and adhesives and I will be teaching several fun and creative card and scrapbooking classes. We would love to see you there!



6 comments:

NickScrapShack said...

This is a very sweet layout. Love the pink and blue together with the sepia photo. Also love the shimmer on the LOVE!
Thank you for joining our Flower Challenge at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
Nick

Jac’s Playground said...

Wo that is gorgeous, a very pretty and delicate layout, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 37 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Donna Ellis said...

wonderful keepsake, Marie - and beautiful layers in your project! hugs, de

Eret said...

Marie, you should make more layouts - this one is stunning. Love the colors, beautiful background and lovely flowers. Gorgeous art!
Hugs,
Eret

Mayras Designs said...

Marie , this is beautiful , stunning , gorgeous !!! Wonderful layout you have created !!!
Hugs,
Mayra