Monday, July 9, 2012

A Card and Gift


I had a very exciting weekend!!  Margaret from Sparkle N Sprinkle asked if my friend and fellow designer, April, and I could join her at the Scrapbook Expo in Duluth, GA.  I used to help a lot of vendors at various conventions but it has been awhile.  I had forgotten how much fun it is to see the excitement of the customers when you share the different products and what they can do.  It was a lot of fun and extremely busy. 

I also forgot how much work it was and how your body aches from head to toe.  It was a joy to arrive at the hotel and throw my poor body into bed.  The weekend flew by and before we knew it we were headed home.  I have to apologize to April, who was driving, for falling asleep on the way back.  I really tried not to but the radio was playing soft jazz and her car rides sooo smooth that I just couldn’t help it.  Guess next time I will be driving (maybe not the safest idea).



Ok, I do have a fun project for you today.  I recently saw an adorable Box Card and found the instructions for the Box Card base at Splitcoast Stampers.  I decided to try one, using our new Zendoodle Tea Set. 

I used the Vine Tea Cup and Tea Cup Handle, embossed with Black Detail EmbossingPowder and colored with markers and a Dove Blender.  It is layered on a Spellbinders’ Oval Die and a floral oval die embossed with Poolside Embossing Powder. 
When you open this card it reveals a small box.  I added a doily die cut and created a pocket with layered label dies stamped with the Tea Quote so you can tuck in a tea bag.



Head on over to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog for more information on this great little card design.  Don’t forget to come back later this week for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Christmas In July Blog Hop on July 12-13.

E. Marie 

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Clearly Inspired Challenge #54 (CIC55) – Some Like It Hot
Fussy and Fancy Challenge 66 - Fancy Folds
Phindy's Place Challenge #113 – Initials (E-embossing, M-MS Punch and/or Markers, B-Band and/or box)

9 comments:

Hank hendricks said...

I have never seen it before..I am going to keep it in mind
Send gifts to pakistan and will use it if i remember.

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fun little box, Marie.

Brenda said...

Love your teabag box card! Haven't done one of those in a long time...oh the things you forget LOL. Looks like you & April both had a blast. It does wear a person out though :)

Sazzle said...

Such a fab card and a wonderful fancy fold too :-)

It sounds as though you had a great but tiring time at the Expo!

Thanks for joining us over at Fussy and Fancy for our fancy folds challenge - good luck.

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

Lynn said...

Brilliant card in that amazing box!!
Thankyou for joining us at Fussy and Fancy challenges.
Huggs
Lynn xx

Cassie said...

Very neat project, E. Marie! Thanks for joining us for the CIC. . .always great to see what you make ;)

uksharon said...

Super project
Thanks for sharing with us at Phindys Place this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Unknown said...

That is great ideas and design thanks for shearing this for gifts to pakistan .

Plastic cards said...

What a wonderful card. So lovely design. I like your colors choice and love that amazing fancy fold too. Thanks for sharing.