Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fabulous Birthday

I had a headache most of today which was very frustrating because I had so many things I wanted to do.  Later in the day I finally felt better and headed into my craft room to do some stamping.  I ended up spending quite a bit of time cleaning but did manage to finish a card for one of my friends, who has a birthday this week.

I haven’t used my stamps from JustRite Designs for a while and their current challenge is a Spring theme using pastel colors and a butterfly.  I had a set, Butterfly Garden, I hadn’t opened yet and it was perfect for this.  I stamped it in black and colored it with my Tombow markers.  I cut it out with a Spellbinders’ circle die, layered it on a scalloped circle, and centered it on a flower made with Spellbinders’ new Floral Burst Cut and Tuck die.  I created a 2nd set and cut out the butterfly and part of the flowers and popped these up to give some dimension.  The sentiment is from JustRite’s You Inspire Me set, cut out with Spellbinders’ Floral Oval die. 

For the background of the card I used one white layer punched with a Martha Stewart corner/border punch and a larger white layer punched with a Fiskar’s Corner/Border punch.  The lovely blue designer paper is Cupcake/Make A Wish from Basic Grey.  I added a blue jewel swirl and additional jewels to the Butterfly and flowers in the center. 

It is very later (or very early) so I am off to bed.   

E. Marie


This card is entered in the following challenges:
JustRite Friday Challenge #069 - Spring Fling (Butterfly and Spring Colors)
Stamp With Fun Challenge #155 – No Easter Card
Totally Gorjuss Challenge #125 – Swirly Whirly
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge #57 – Spring
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge R#65 - 3 of Something (Flowers)
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #163 – Birthday
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #113 – Anything But a Rectangle
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge PPMC33 - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge #140 – Easter and/or Pastel Colors
Anything Challenge #64 – Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Challenge – Favorite Tool (Big Shot, Spellbinders’ Dies, Martha Stewart Punch)
Creative Card Crew Challenge #7 – Spring
Crafts and Me Challenge #78 - Butterflies and Bows

17 comments:

Brenda said...

Great card, Marie - you're friend will love it!

pinky said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Sandra H said...

Hi Marie, this is stunning:)x

Pat said...

Lots of die usage here. Looks Great!!. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Sheri said...

Such wonderful layers! Love the colors! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous card sweetie. A lot of work has gone into this lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeous with all the layers and colors! Really pretty!

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous,love the image,and such beautiful detail,,bless you for playing at anything goes,this week,hugs Cheryl xxxxx

Amanda said...

What beautiful cards!! I love how you used the punches. I use Tombows also and just love them :)

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda

Beate said...

I hope your headache is long gone by now. Your card looks great. I love how you used a Cut, Fold, Tuck die as a frame for your image.
Thanks so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week.
Happy Easter! Hugs and smiles

Cec said...

What a great card. Love all the layers. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

RoseC said...

Marie, your JustRite butterfly looks fabulous on this wonderfully layered birthday card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Butterflies and Bows challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

April said...

Thanks, Marie, for this gorgeous, wonderful card! It is beautiful! I am so happy to have been the recipient of it! It will go in a special place in my craft room so I can see it.

Hugs, April

Christine L said...

Beautiful card.... fabulous image and coloured perfectly!

Thank you for joining in the challenge at Anything Goes - hope to see you again soon..

Hugs
Christine x

Silke Ledlow said...

WOWZER Maire, this is beautiful! I love all the detail...amazing! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC...hugs ~S~

Andrea said...

A wonderful creation - I like it. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous Creation! Simply Stunning!! Thank you for joining us atAnything Goes Challenge Blog!
Hugs
Tamara