Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Child's Birthday

This has been a really nice weekend.  Do you remember months ago when I said I was working on my craft room?  Well, I have been struggling to get it back in order.  Over the holidays I had to just stuff everything back in and then pulled it all back out and most of it has been piled up in my living room.  What a mess plus it is really hard to create when you can’t find anything.  This weekend I spent most of my time working on putting it back.  It is still a bit of a mess but I am feeling much better about it.  One more good weekend and I might be back on track.


I did get a chance to go up to the mountains and play with my friend, Bonnie, and finished this card.  I used Sparkle N Sprinkle’s Dani’s Umbrella.  It is stamped with Stazon ink and cut it out with a Spellbinders’ die.  The dress, butterfly, and all the flowers are paper piecing.  I shaded them a little with marker and added Lacy Lilac glitter.  I added Sun Dazzle Sparkle N Soft to the centers of each flower.  The small flower is Tiny Daisy and both of these were popped up with foam tape.

I made the pink medallion using a die and sponged the edges with purple ink and a green jewel flower.  I used a purple marker directly on the sentiment, Flutter Birthday, so I could stamp the each word separately.  I punched them out with a tag punch and tucked them under the jewel flower with some curling ribbon.

Bonnie taught us a really neat technique today so check back on Tuesday to see what we created.

E. Marie

This card has been entered in the following challenges:
The Pink Elephant Challenge TPE131 – Favorite Colors
Paper Sundaes Challenge #104 - Paper Piecing      10
Flutter By Wednesday #186 – Open
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C120 –  A Child’s Birthday Card
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge #48 – A Card for a Child
DYSU #55 – Patterned Paper


22 comments:

April said...

You did a great job as usual! Love the flower at the bottom. Was fun today!

Hugs, April

Brenda said...

What a pretty card!!! Lots of great elements - aren't the rosettes fun to make???

Sandra H said...

Morning, your cards a stunner and nice to hear your nearly there with your craft room they can take time to get right l know l was in the same :) Sandra H

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Schöne farbenfrohe Karte.
Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei EAC.
Liebe Grüße Doreen

WencheP said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a lovely colorful creation Marie. Love your take on the sketch!

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely Birthday card!! Thank you so much for playing along with this weeks color challenge over at The Pink Elephant.

Karen Wilson said...

Fabulous birthday card! Good luck with your craft room! Mine's in shambles!! Thanks for joining us at FBW!

Jan Garber said...

Nice job on the detailed paper piecing! Thanks for joining the fun at DYSU!

Anne Fenton said...

What lovely card, thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week.

Pat said...

Cute colors. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Tammy said...

Great job. Marie!!! be blessed
Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Karin said...

I love the colors on this girly card!

Donna Ellis said...

Now THIS is a dazzling card, Marie! Vibrant colors and sparkle literally everywhere! Your tags and design elements are just write for Dani as she walks in her garden. Super cute card - Dani is certainly happy!

Barbara Bruder said...

What a darling card for a child. Beautiful colors and I love that rosette flower. Thanks for joining the Art Impressions Weekly Challenge.

Designing with Debbie said...

Pretty card, love the bright colors. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

SAMARA said...

Hi Marie: That is a very very cool flower! I love how glowy it is. And of course your die cut is perfect! Thanks for coming to SENTIMENTAL SUNDAYS and best of success. Luv Samara

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the artistic feel to this and the wonderful use of bright colours!

Jennipher said...

bright and fun! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Jenny said...

Fabulous colours and design. Thanks so much for joining us for Paper Piecing at Paper Sundaes.

Naomi said...

Fabulous card! Beautiful embellishments and a great LO. Thanks so much for joining us, last week, at DYSU!

Linda Gibb said...

love the paper pieced card. Will have to try that. thanks for sharing your ideas with us.
You must not have a hubby since you put all your stuff in your living rm. My hubby is always hollering @ me to get my craft rm. cleaned up but it's hard to do because I teach several classes a month & have to prepare for them. He would have a cow if I moved everything to the living rm. to sort it out! Pray for my craft rm.