Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tri-Fold Birthday

I have had the most wonderful day playing with my friends.  We spent another day at Scrapbook Creations stamping and scrapping.  My friend, Bonnie, and 4 others came from North Carolina and 7 of us came from Greenville area (Kim, Bev, Sondra, Susan, Karen, Linda, and myself).  Believe it or not, I was “not” the last to arrive.  I, of course, brought half of my craft room in my trunk with my mind set to get certain cards finished.  This was one of them.


This was a fun card to make.  I had seen this tri-fold card but had not made one.  You can see instructions for it on Split Coast Stampers Resources.  I used some lovely yellow cardstock for the base and used some cute decorative cardstock for the two corners on the front.  The image is, of course, House Mouse” Poppin Good Birthday” (HMGR1010).  This is one of my favorites and I had to have it the minute I saw it.  I stamped it in black on white cardstock and colored it with my Tombow markers.  I sponged a little denim Adirondak ink around the edges and layered it on the same yellow cardstock, then on blue.  I attached it to the left side of the card.  The flower on the front is a jeweled one I picked up somewhere (sorry, can’t remember where) and the little butterfly is a vellum sticker (sorry again, the camera just had to pick up the shiny edges even without a flash).

For the inside of the card I stamped  the House Mouse sentiment “Word of Mouse” (1465E) in the denim blue on white cardstock.  I sponged the edges with yellow distress ink and layered it on blue and green cardstock.  The flower and butterfly are also vellum stickers.

This card is entered into the following challenges:
House Mouse Challenge #90 – Multi-Fold Cards
Bunny Zoe’s Crafts Challenge #9 – Spring…Flowers Everywhere
Simon Says Stamps Challenge – Anything Goes
Ellephantastic Challenges – Cute with a Butterfly
Dutch Dare Card Challenge #103 – Photo Inspiration

17 comments:

WencheP said...

How cute! Funny image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Lena said...

So sweet card. Love fun stamp and your colouring is fantastic.
Thanks for playing up at DDCC!
Hugs.I hope to see you again.
Lena

Christine said...

Gorgeous cute image great take on the multifold chall... thanks for sharing with us at HM & Friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine xx

Judy Rozema said...

Oh this is super cute! Thanks for sharing it at Paper Romance!

Miranda said...

cute cute cute Marie, love it
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Peggysue said...

So pretty Marie & what a neat fold. I may have to pop over to SCS to check it out. Thanks for taking the time to join in our LAYERS challenge at DYSU this week. Do come back!!

Mary Duffek said...

Adorable!!! Thank you for playing along in the Paper Romance Challenge this week. Fabulous job.

Sue from Oregon said...

You know, there is something about a HM stamp that includes popcorn that just tickles me silly. Glad you hauled this one with you! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

Donna said...

Marie, this is tooooo darling! Love those little House Mouses - can't get enough of them!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Your card is fabulous, I haven't seen one of these cards for a while. Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic this month
Tamara xxx

America said...

WOW!! GORGEOUS coloring & such a FAB FOLD!!! what a FUN HM card. Love the contrasting colors. Thank you so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again! :)

Jill said...

Great card with a lovely image! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

Rica said...

Fabulous card Marie, love this cute image, so beautifully coloured and your design, papers and details are stunning.

So glad you could join us at both the Simon Says Stamp and House Mouse & Friends challenges,
hugs
Heather xx

Cec said...

Great card. I must check out the instructions. Love the paper and that cute image. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Ellephantastic said...

sweet card & love the tri fold, very cool! Thank you for playing along this month hugs x

Jo said...

Such a fun card! Great to have you joining in with us this week at DYSU! Hope you come back next week.

Heike said...

Wow, your card is wonderful. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

Hugs
Heike