Monday, March 21, 2011

Sweet Spring

In a previous challenge we were asked to use vellum.  I had borrowed a stamp from a friend to use for this.  It is from Sweet Stamps and is perfect for the vellum look.  I stamped and embossed it different ways so I had a few samples left over.  I had one that I embossed in white and then colored it with my tombows from the back.  I really loved the way it looked.  I wanted to do a card in pinks and greens with a beautiful spring look and this image was perfect for this card.


The card has a green base.  I added a layer of pink  and used a lovely corner punch on it.  On top of this I used a green, sparkly, floral cardstock from K&Co.  They have some of the most delicate and feminine looking papers and cardstocks.  I sponged ink around all the edges of all these layers.  Though it is very subtle, it amazes me what a difference this can make in the look of your card.

I took the lovely floral image and layered it on a pink label I cut out using a Spellbinder die.  Using foam squares I popped this up in the middle of the card.  I added a deep maroon bow to the top of the label and then layered two pink flowers that I sponged the edges with darker pink ink to help them blend with the card better.  I put a light green pearl in the center.  Then I used another Spellbinder die to cut a smaller label in green and sponged it with darker green ink.  Then I used the dark pink to ink to stamp the word “Mom” on it.  I added more pearls to the label and to each corner, then a few more to the actual stamped image.  I really think this card is perfect for Spring but it was so feminine it will be perfect to send to my mother later this spring.

This card was entered into the following challenges:

13 comments:

Donna said...

Marie, there is nothing so elegant as white embossing on vellum. Gorgeous card, and beautiful image!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card I love the parchment and the stamp you used is fabulous. Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stamps again this week
Hugs
Tamara

Charlene said...

What a beautiful image. It reminds me of when I toll painted. I love the pearls and the elegant label . Just gorgeous :-)Your Mom will love it!
Thanks so much for visiting us this week in the Shabby Tea Room! :-)

Candy C said...

Very lovely card and lots of techniques involved in the making of it. You did a beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Anita said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Kristin said...

It really is amazing what a little inking can do. Yours is perfection! Thanks so much for playing this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

April said...

You have been busy I see! You did a great job on this card. I also love the House Mouse below and your birthday card.

Hugs, April

The Little Stamper said...

What a beautiful and delicate design!

Thanks for joining us at the Little Claire's challenge over here in the UK.

Sharon x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I really like these colors together! Very pretty!!

Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Nikki said...

What a cute card it's very elegant Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

LynneForsythe said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD....and the corner punch you used is gorgeous!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the teamies of Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Lovely card! That floral image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us in The Shabby Tea Room this week.

MissyB said...

Hi,

Very pretty card, thank you for joining us at Little Claire.

missyb x