Thursday, March 10, 2011

JustRite Spring


There is an amazing chance to win tons of JustRite goodies at Joan’s Gardens.  I had hoped to post this card sooner but ended up being sick this morning and had to low key it for a while.  Later in the day I felt a bit better and was able to play a little more, doing some cards I have wanted to get to.


With spring on it’s way, I can hardly wait for all the Dogwood trees to start blooming.  This is the inspiration for this card but it was one of those that never seems to end.  I had an idea what I wanted to do but then kept getting more ideas and adding more and finally made myself quit.  I started with a tan base card and used this lovely cardstock with dogwood flowers on it from K&Company.  I distressed the edges and then I sponged them with brown distress ink.  On the right side of the card I layered a rectangle cut out with a Nellie Snellen die, using the back of the same cardstock.  I created a frame for my image using a brown oval, embossed with my Scor-Pal, and adding a shimmery aqua scalloped oval.  Both were cut out with Spellbinder dies.

The image is from JustRite’s Beautiful Blossoms Borders & Centers set.  I stamped it in dark brown on the tan cardstock and then “painted” it with bleach.  I really liked the way it came out.
On the left side of the card I attached a brown rectangular label that I embossed with an embossing folder and then “painted” the embossed butterflies and the outer border with bleach.  The sentiment is from JustRite’s Hope Border & Center set, stamped in brown on tan and layered on an aqua scalloped square.  I ran sheer red ribbon behind it, with a Spellbinder border, cut from tan cardstock, peeking out from under it.  I cut off two sections from the same border and tucked them under both ends of the brown frame.

The final touch was something I have had for years but was just perfect for this card.  The beautiful dogwood at the bottom left side is a metal charm that I colored and coated with clear embossing powder.  When heated it gives it the look of porcelain.  I made this a long time ago and will try to post more specific directions later.

I also made the envelope to go with this card.  I used some light aqua cardstock, my Scor-Pal, and the instructions
Customizing envelope for any size of card”.  I sponged some brown distress ink around the edges and used the same striped cardstock from the card for the inside insert.  I added the same Spellbinder border and tan paper to decorate the edge of the top flap.  I used the same flower image from the card and stamped it in brown on the back of the top flap and colored it with metallic water color paints.

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Joan's Garden's 8th Challenge - Create a card/project using ONLY JustRite stamps
Delightful Challenges – Butterflies
Bunny Zoes Crafts Challenge #9 - Spring... Flowers Everywhere
JustRite Friday Challenge 050 - A Spring or birthday card with coordinating envelope that you make yourself
Simon Says Stamps Challenge – Anything goes
Stampin for the Weekend Challenge #5 – Springtime  
Catch The Bug Challenge – Anything goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge #48 – Anything goes
The Cuttlebug Spot – Oh so “charming” (use charms)








Totally Stampalicious Challenge – New Technique (bleach painting)
Whoopsie Daisy Challenge – Ribbons and Charms
Wild Orchid Challenges #18 – Anything Goes
Dutch Dare Card Challenge #103 - Picture Inspiration

25 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

I love your dogwood card. Great colors and the addition of dogwood embellishment is just perfect. Great job!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge. We have so much fun! I hope you join us every week.

Joan

Mrs Ham said...

This is stunning.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Marie, I am so happy you gave our challenge and bleach technique a try this week at Speedy's Friends! Your bleaching turned out beautifully. :) Next week's challenge won't involve any household chemicals; I promise!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Marie- Wow, gorgeous creations! Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends.

Sheri said...

So pretty! WOW! I can't believe it fit so many great challenges?? Good luck with them!

Nancy said...

Very pretty!!
Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Anita said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Liz Weber said...

Wonderful card E Marie, love all the details, love all the warm colours. FAB take on so many challenges!

Juanita said...

Beautiful card and envelope. Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug with Bugaboo Stamps this week ! Your card is gorgeous ! Love your embellies ! Good luck !

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, lovely details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

kelly said...

Absolutly gorgeous.I love all the elements you have put on it and a gorgeous envelope to match.Thanks for joining us at DDCC this week.

Peggysue said...

Beautiful card, love love love that charm! Thanks for taking the time to join in our LAYERS challenge at DYSU this week. Do come back!!

Maggie's Crafts said...

Stunning creation!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Sunday for another brilliant challenge! :)

Maggie
xx

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Wow you did a great job with the coloring. Thanks for joining us at Totally Stampalicious Monday Challenge.

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! This turned out fabulous!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

aqualeiga said...

Wow! This is beautiful, especially the dogwood charm and how you altered it to look like porcelain....amazing work! TFS with us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

Love crafts forever said...

Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy ribbon and charm challenge.
Hugs Nataliya.

TaraG said...

Oh this is just gorgeous, Maire! Love the dogwood charm too and the fabulous image! Gorgeous details! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Awesome ribbon on this and just love the colors and flowers! Thanks so much for playing this week at WHOOPSI DAISY:)

Beth said...

Beautiful card Marie thanks for joining us Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this week.

Jo said...

Great card! Great to have you joining in with us this week at DYSU! Hope you come back next week.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card and I love all the details you've added - the envelope you've made looks great too.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

Helen x

Georgina said...

A lovely card. So much details. Lovely colour combinations.

Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful, Marie -- thanks for entering JustRite's challenge!