Thursday, March 10, 2011

JustRite Happy Birthday

Ok, here is one more card for Joan’s Gardens’ JustRite challenge.  Can you tell I want that prize?  Monday night our stamp club met and did our favorite thing – Shoeboxes.  Each person creates a card and then puts everything needed for 12 people to reproduce the card in a box.  We pass these around all evening, making each other’s cards.  I loved the look of the one card and decided to use the same style but make it into a birthday card.


I used a deep maroon cardstock and used my Scor-Pal to score at 2 1/8” from each side.  I then decorated each side flap with light green cardstock, pink striped cardstock, and homemade dewdrops.  I also added some score lines around the edges and sponged ink around the edges of each layer.  I used two stamps from the set Birthday Centers Round from JustRite for the top and bottom circle sentiments and adhered these to the right side flap.  The birthday cake in the center is from JustRite’s Friendship Borders & Centers set.  I stamped it in black on a white circle and colored it with Tombow markers.  I layered it on a pink circle and then a maroon Spellbinder Floral Doily Motif.  I sponged ink on all the pieces.

Inside the card I used stamps from JustRite’s Baroque Nested Frames set, using maroon and green ink, and layered using white, pink, and light green cardstock.

I made the envelope using my Scor-Pal and the instructions “Customizing envelope for any size of card”.  I used light pink cardstock and the same striped cardstock from the card.  I sponged the edges with maroon ink.

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Joan's Garden's 8th Challenge - Create a card/project using ONLY JustRite stamps
JustRite Friday Challenge 050 - A Spring or birthday card with coordinating envelope that you make yourself
Simon Says Stamps Challenge – Anything goes
Catch The Bug Challenge – Anything goes
Wild Orchid Challenges #18 – Anything Goes
AllSorts Challenge #93 – For a teenager

6 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card and great colors.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge. Your card is such a beautiful addition. I hope you join us every week.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mrs Ham said...

This is wonderful. I love how you used the stamped images.

Lori said...

Marie, this card is beautiful. I love the stamped images and the colors you used. Great matching envelope too. I love the idea of passing around the shoebox and making each other's cards. Sounds like a fun night! Thanks for playing along in the Catch the Bug challenge. I hope you'll join us again.

Stephanie said...

Awesome card, thanks so much for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!

Kathy said...

Just beautiful and love the matching envelope too :)
So happy you submitted this to The Simon Says Challenge Blog.

Sharon Harnist said...

Wonderful card & envelope, Marie - I love that style of envelope! Thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!